A complete guide to buy Cheap Train Tickets in the UK – Latest real time fares, train times and route information for top cities in UK. Search, find and book your Cheap Train Tickets online now.
Cheap Train Tickets - A Complete Guide for Train Travel in the UK
Cheap Train Tickets to London
London is the capital city of the United Kingdom (UK). It is also the city with maximum population in UK. London has some most beautiful picturesque locations comprising of River Thames,
Cheap Train Tickets to New Castle
Newcastle is one of the UK’s trendiest cities famous for excellent shopping and amazing nightlife alongside ancient monuments. The city is a true mix of modern and historic architecture
Cheap Train Tickets to Manchester
Manchester is known to be the most popular and the best city in UK to live in. It is considered to be a safe and friendly place for tourists and locals scattered with various museums, restaurants
Popular Train Routes in the United Kingdom
London to Manchester Train
Manchester city, one of the largest cities in Britain known for its urbanity while retaining its old charm. Primarily, an industrial hub, Manchester has been witness to significant developments making it
Manchester to Edinburgh train
Looking for best option to travel from Manchester to Edinburgh? Then, look no further – there are direct trains running from Manchester to Edinburgh every day taking a total travel time of 3 hours 45 minutes
London to Birmingham Train
London and Birmingham are the largest cities in UK in terms of population. Trains are a preferred mode of transport to travel to the business and cultural centre of Birmingham.
Bristol to London Train
Bristol is a booming tourist destination which attracts many travellers who visit London. Train is an easy ride to travel from Bristol to London and there are plenty of interesting places between the two.
DEALS, DISCOUNTS & COUPONS
Guide to Cheap Train Tickets – Search, Compare, Book and Travel
- Buying Cheap Train Tickets in the UK while you are visiting various cities is not a simple task. You need to do be smart, do lot of research, use the perfect method to find the best and cheapest train fares before you can buy Cheap Train Tickets.
- An enormous view of lush green and beautiful country side, a travel full of tranquillity and comfort, an opportunity to discover a country, that feeling of contributing towards a green environment, and last but not the least, achieving significant savings on travel – wonder what we are talking about? Yes – we are talking about covering the most amazing destinations in the UK by train, and saving your hard earned penny through Cheap Train Tickets.
- Depending on how frequently you travel via trains in the UK, you should know how you can save more money. The train fares are very dynamic and they change every moment depending on availability, routes, time of travel (peak or off peak), week days and many others. The best way to get Cheap Train Tickets is to book well in advance and use Rail / Network Cards.
- Travelling by train is one of the most relaxing and rejuvenating ways to discover the real UK. The beauty of the bright green hills, sheep grazing the grass, well ploughed and manicured fields, beautiful small country side villages – the list of beautiful sites is simply endless. A dependable and frequent rail network means you can enjoy the beauty of different parts of the UK in a limited time. It is an absolutely enjoyable experience travelling from city to city.
- Whether you want to take a seven day tour to Cardiff, London and Edinburgh – the three cities which exhibit Britain’s rich historic and cultural heritage, or visit England’s iconic Cotswold Countryside, or explore Scotland as much as your heart desires, travel by train is the ultimate choice.
- This train travel becomes all the more attractive when you are offered unlimited journeys and huge savings – courtesy, cheaptraintickets.co.uk. Despite train being the best mode of travel, there are instances when you require the services of National Express Coaches. Covering 98% of the UK including local stops in England, Wales and Scotland, these coaches cover hundreds of UK towns, cities and airports – facilitating absolute connectivity with important places, train stations and airports.
We help you save significantly on rail tickets by highlighting the cheapest train tickets for your next travel plan. You can register great savings when you buy train tickets in advance. Your travel could be all the more economical if you are flexible with your time of travel. You can use our highly advanced tools for the best fare finder to find cheap train tickets.
You can always buy in advance to save more and one of the best ways to get your Cheap Train Tickets is to buy in advance. Tickets bought at the last moment of your journey are always costly. We recommend that you buy your Train Tickets as early as possible.
- From mesmerising places in Scotland which have inspired the best of writers and poets, to fairytale castles you can stay in, from amazing film locations in Victoria to the beautiful landscapes of Newcastle, we bring you the best routes to go for, and help you cover the most of UK in limited time.
- Enjoy the picturesque landscape by choosing the window seat, and bask in the luxury of train travel with a glass of wine. For train tickets UK, glance through our well explained journey planner and get ample ideas on what to see and do there when you get there.
- it is purely dependent on how your travel plans are but some of the best places you can visit in the UK are – London, Oxford, Cambridge, Liverpool, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Norwich, Cardiff, Brighton, Nottingham, Birmingham, Manchester, Lincoln, Aberdeen and Scotland.
At Cheap Train Tickets, you get access to all UK rail operators on a single page. Use our exhaustive journey planner to plan and book your next trip or check the relevant train timetables to ensure you book tickets on your preferred train and route. Our highly advanced ticket alert tool can also be used to inform you when advance tickets become available at competitive rates, thus helping you plan your train travel well in advance, and register significant cost savings.
It’s Not About the Destination, It’s the Journey that Takes You There – How true it is when it comes to vacationing in the large cities in the UK, or the picturesque landscapes of the country side. Each train route in the UK comes with some speciality or the other.
Some of the popular train journeys in the UK include:
- Inverness › Thurso › Wick
- Dingwall › Kyle of Lochalsh
- Fort William › Mallaig
- Newcastle › Edinburgh
- Settle › Carlisle
- Carlisle › Carnforth
- Caernarfon › Porthmadog › Blaenau Ffestiniog
- Railways: Welsh Highland Line
- Craven Arms › Llanelli
- Oxford › Hereford
- St Erth › St Ives
Well – this is a big question we ask you to answer yourself. Talk about country side, history, architecture, rules and regulations, transportation, facilities by Govt for the citizens / tourists – everything is next to none.
Your decision to holiday in the UK is one of the best decisions you could have taken – the country offers everything a travel freak looks for – from a sightseeing tour of the UK’s amazingly beautiful landmarks to discovering eras of history at one of the many castles and museums, for those who love to travel back in time, or those who are romantic to the core, the options never cease to end.
Since 1995, Britain’s rail network has been operated by more than 20 private train companies. Currently, there are 28 different train operators across Great Britain. The government ensures that each of these UK Rail Operators work together as National Rail, which means there are co-ordinated fares, tickets & information, which is consistent.
For more information, you should visit respective train provider / travel provider websites.
- How do I find the cheapest fares?
- Finding cheapest fares is very easy and requires some time and research online. Please visit www.CheapTrainTickets.co.uk and search your desired from and to destinations. The cheapest fares will be displayed to you depending on the date and time of travel, what kind of network / rail card you are using and whether you are choosing fast trains / trains stopping at fewer stations.
- By splitting your train journey, you can even get cheaper train fares and to get your Split Train Tickets, please visit www.SplitTrainTickets.net and search for your desired stations.
- Train fares are dynamic and keep changing. You must book in advance as much as possible to get cheapest train tickets.
- Am I allowed to make multiple bookings in one transaction?
- Yes, You can make as many bookings as you want but for bulk bookings, you should contact the train company (Virgin Trains, National Express etc) or travel provider (Trainline, LOCO2 etc) to get group discounts.
- What are the different types of tickets available?
- Anytime Train Tickets
- Cheap Train Tickets
- Split Train Tickets
- Seasons Pass / National Rail Pass
- Single Journey Tickets
- Return Journey Tickets
- Advance Train Tickets
- First Class Train Tickets
- Off-peak Train Tickets
- Group Train Tickets
- I have limited time and budget – which routes and places are the best in the UK?
- This is a difficult question to answer and really depends on how much limited budget you have.
- We suggest that depending on time (if you have plenty), you can try buying Split Train Tickets which may help you buy within your budget.
Cheap Train Tickets - Frequently Ask Questions?
There is always an option for buying a season ticket, section available on every travel website, whether it’s Trainline or any train travel provider.
Usually busiest times are on weekdays. Normally before 10am and evening 4pm to 7pm are comes into peak timing hours in a day.
On the other hand during weekends and bank holidays comes into off-peaks fares. You can get cheapest fares on the day of travel when you comes under super off-peak.
Yes, you can buy tickets for you kids, elders and friends. Mobile tickets, e-tickets, send by post and many others are the options to send tickets that you bought for someone.
You can bring up to 2 children below the age of 5 for free on most uk train operating companies. In this case you would not need to buy ticket for your children.
On the under hand, if you children is between the age of 5 and 15 years, you have to buy ticket and you can get a 50% discount on tickets. Make sure you carry some form of IDs of your children.
Yes, it is quite possible to break your journey. All the information related to travel is mentioned on the ticket you booked. Usually off-peak and super off0-peak tickets have more possibility to break your journey.
There are 7 main types of railcards mostly used on every UK train companies: –
- 16-25 Railcard
- Disabled Child
- Family & Friends
- Network Gold Card
- Network Railcard
- New Deal Card
- HM Forces
Normally most of the railcards cost £30 for the entire year. The disabled person railcard cost is £20.
It depends on the availability of the ticket you are booking for your destination. Usually you are automatically get the reserved seat for all tickets you booked on the website. If you are not able to reserve the seat, there might be few reasons: –
- The Train provider that you are picked up does not offer the seat reservation. This could be happen for the shorter routes.
- Seats are fully reserved.
- Selected train provider does not have seat reservation options.
Yes, this is possible that you see different prices for the same type tickets. There are 28 Train Operating Companies in the UK and possibility of price can differ for the same type of tickets. You can check it while you are booking you train tickets online.
You are able to book only up to 9 passengers including children aged 5-15 years at a time. If you are in a group of 3-9 passengers, you may be eligible to get discounts on train tickets booking.
My Train Tickets Booking in Europe and UK
Are you the one who is planning a travel to Europe? If yes, you need not to wander on different travel sites as I know the best one and that is www.cheaptraintickets.co.uk. Few months back I visited Europe with my family for a holiday. I was totally messed up for booking my train tickets from Paris to London. I looked up for the same on various sites but due to shooting prices of those sites, it was very difficult for me to get on to the decision of travelling, but then I found this site (www.cheaptraintickets.co.uk) and I was very happy to see their rates, which were too reasonable when I compared them with others. I booked my train tickets from their website and got the tickets at a very reasonable rate. I got even cheaper prices when I booked Train Tickets within the UK cities because if offered us Split Tickets, which saved more than 60% on tickets.
So I would recommend this website to all the travelers who are travelling across Europe as this website is friendly on your pocket and when you get your booking done from this site, you save a lot, which you can spend on other purposes of your travel later on. I would say if my trip to Europe was full of fun and frolic it was all just because of the bookings that I had done from this site. I am really thankful to cheaptraintickets.co.uk for their services that they are providing and saving the travelers from getting discriminated by other sites who are charging exorbitantly high prices from the customers.
I would say that because of this website I was able to save at least 50% on my train tickets. I spent the saved amount on all the fun and shopping we did at our tour to Europe. Thank you www.cheaptraintickets.co.uk for giving us your valuable services and making our trip so good which we will remember and cherish the memories for the rest of our lives.
BEST MEDIUM TO AVOID EXORBITANT RATES OF TRAIN FARES IN EUROPE
CheapTrainTickets.co.uk is a very useful and efficient travel website to book Cheap Train Tickets across various countries in Europe. I was able to feasibly receive my tickets from their website at a very reasonable and cheap rate compared to other means that charge extortionate rates. We originally travelled to Frankfurt, Germany on a holiday and stayed there for few days. We planned to go to Zürich, Switzerland next, to look out for other activities we could potentially do such as skiing or snow boarding.
I really struggled to find good prices for trains and flights were out of context as they are really high priced. We already had other truckloads of expenses due to flight tickets to go to Frankfurt, the hotel prices along with many others. That is why I decided to go via trains across various cities in Europe. While browsing the internet, I stumbled across various websites that provided train tickets to go to Zürich from Frankfurt. A majority of those I found, had insanely high prices. I encountered this one particular website: https://www.cheaptraintickets.co.uk, which really helped me to get a very good deal on the entire train journey I planned. I saved upto 65% of the cost I would find on any other website or medium.
All we had to do were these feasible measures in order to save upto 65% off on train fares – Go to https://www.cheaptraintickets.co.uk, enter start location and destination, the dates and suitable times and accordingly, you will be given an extensive itinerary planning out your whole trip and thereafter, you would conspicuously observe how much you would have saved on your trip.
I would like to say a big thanks to Cheap Train Tickets for saving us colossal amounts of money. We recommend everyone to use https://www.cheaptraintickets.co.uk while traveling across Europe. Moreover, they have a good website, and very fast service. Very satisfied with them.